There were about one million Russian volunteers in the German army still in 1944 there. In autumn 1944 two infantry divisions were formed from that men and creation of third such division started. Due of material shortcomings of the end of war only the 1st Division of Russian Liberation Army (Russkaya Osvobozhditelnaya Armiya, ROA) was fully trained, equipped and used in action.
There is a few information about armoured vehicles in the 1st Division of ROA. Written sources claim that there were nine tanks T-34 in division during it’s forming in Muensingen. Two of them were photographed on a parade in front of general Vlasov, head of Russian anti-soviet opposition in Germany, and general Bunyaczenko, the division’s commander, on 10 February 1945. The tank in foreground has a white number “2” under the gun barrel and a shield divided horizontally white/blue/red from the top painted on the turret’s side.